Russell works with people and families who are interested in protecting and preserving their hard-earned nest eggs and passing them on to the next generation. He advises clients in the areas of estate planning (including a wide range of wills and trusts), business formation and succession planning, family law, trust and estate administration, probate, conservatorships, and a variety of transactional law. What is unique about his practice is not only the long-term relationships that he builds with families, but also the comprehensive approach he takes to estate planning, which ensures that the client’s legal, financial, and tax goals are met. Representative clients include not only those who are establishing their own estate plans, but also people with aging parents who wish to maintain their dignity and preserve their nest eggs in the face of the rising cost of long-term care.
Russell earned his J.D. with honors from the University of Memphis, where he was a Herbert Herff Presidential Law scholar and the Research Editor for the University of Memphis Law Review. He served as a research assistant to Professor Andrew J. McClurg, and earned the CALI award (highest grade) in Contracts and Insurance Law.
Russell's practice includes:
- Estate Planning: Prepare a wide variety of wills and trusts, including revocable trusts, asset protection trusts, special needs trusts, powers of attorney, and other estate planning documents
- Business Planning: Drafting formational documents and other contracts, such as operating agreements, stock purchase agreements, contracts, and succession planning
- Estate Administration: Serving as trustee for clients, representing trustees and executors, establishing conservatorships, and guiding clients through the probate process after the death of a loved one
- Family Law: Representing clients in divorce and post-divorce matters
- Elder Law: Assisting clients in both proactive and crisis planning situations for long-term care
Phone: (901) 522-9000
Fax: (901) 527-3746
- University of Memphis Cecil C. Humphreys School of Law, J.D., cum laude
- University of Memphis, B.A., Political Science, summa cum laude