Working with commercial real estate owners and lenders, Clay advises clients on the construction, acquisition, disposition and financing of real estate assets. Clay also represents numerous companies and individuals in a wide variety of business and transactional matters. A certified public accountant (inactive) with a master’s degree in taxation, Clay understands the complicated tax issues associated with transactions and has the experience and knowledge to implement creative and efficient solutions.
Clay has built his reputation through his unwavering dedication and loyalty to his clients while sensibly and practically navigating his clients through any transaction.
Clay's practice includes:
- Advising clients in the acquisition, disposition, construction and development of real estate, which includes extensive experience representing real estate investment trusts (REITS) and other owners of multi-family properties.
- Representing lenders and borrowers in connection with multiple types of financings, including real estate and asset-based revolving and term loan credit facilities, construction loans and project financings.
- Helping high net worth individuals and their family members design business succession plans, gifting strategies and other estate plans in a tax efficient manner.
- Drafting and negotiating partnership and corporate documents, including asset and stock purchase agreements, LLC Agreements and other related entity documentation.
- Assisting expanding or relocating businesses in Tennessee or Mississippi achieve the maximum value available through state tax incentives, payments-in-lieu-of-taxes (PILOT) agreements and state grant or financing programs.
Phone: (901) 522-9000
Fax: (901) 527-3746
- University of Mississippi School of Law, J.D., 2005, cum laude
- University of Mississippi, Master of Taxation, 2000
- University of Mississippi, Bachelor of Accountancy, 1999
Certifications and Memberships
- Memphis, Tennessee, Mississippi and American Bar Associations
- Memphis Area Legal Services, Inc. (MALS) – Board Member and Treasurer
- Blue Streak Scholarship Fund, Inc. – Board Member
- The Blues Foundation, Inc. – Former Board Member and Treasurer