MTMM may collect NPPI about consumers from the following sources:
- Information we receive from you, over the phone, via email or in person or on forms and applications, such as your name, address, social security number, tax id number, asset information, and income information;
- Information about your transactions we secure from our files, or from our affiliates or others;
- Information we receive from a consumer or other reporting agency(s) and publicly recorded documents;
- Information that we receive from others involved in your transaction, such as a real estate agent or lender.
MTMM may provide NPPI (excluding information we receive from consumer or other credit reporting agencies) to various individuals and companies, as permitted by law, without obtaining your prior authorization.
Disclosures may include, without limitation, the following:
• To insurance companies, agents, brokers, representatives, support organizations, or others to provide you with services you have requested, and to enable us to detect or prevent criminal activity, fraud, material misrepresentation, or nondisclosure in connection with an insurance transaction;
• To third-party contractors or service providers for the purpose of determining your eligibility for an insurance benefit or payment and/or providing you with services you have requested;
• To an insurance regulatory authority, or a law enforcement or other governmental authority, in a civil action, in connection with a subpoena or a governmental investigation;
• To companies that perform marketing services on our behalf or to other financial institutions with which we have joint marketing agreements and/or
• To lenders, lien holders, judgment creditors, or other parties claiming an encumbrance or an interest in title whose claim or interest must be determined, settled, paid or released prior to a title or escrow closing.
MTMM may also disclose NPPI to others when we believe, in good faith, that such disclosure is reasonably necessary to comply with the law or to protect the safety of our customers, employees, or property and/or to comply with a judicial proceeding, court order or legal process.
Disclosure to Nonaffiliated Third Parties – MTMM does not disclose NPPI about our clients or former clients in regard to TRID Files to nonaffiliated third parties, except as outlined herein or as otherwise permitted by law.
Confidentiality and Security of Personal Information: We restrict access to NPPI about you to those employees who need to know that information to provide products or services to you. We maintain physical, electronic, and procedural safeguards that comply with federal regulations to guard NPPI.
Access to Personal Information/Requests for Correction, Amendment, or Deletion of Personal Information: As required by applicable law, we will afford consumers who engage us in TRID Files the right to access your NPPI, under certain circumstances to find out who your NPPI has been disclosed to, and request correction or deletion of your NPPI. However, MTMM’s current policy is to maintain customers’ NPPI for no more than as state law requires.
For your protection, all requests made under this section must be in writing and must include your notarized signature to establish your identity. Where permitted by law, we may charge a reasonable fee to cover the costs incurred in responding to such requests. Please send requests to:
Martin, Tate, Morrow & Marston, PC
Attn: Robert E. Orians
6410 Poplar Ave, Ste 1000
Memphis, TN 38119
Changes to this Privacy Statement